Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Very Good Day

Today I said that I wasn't going to communicate with anyone via phone or Internet.  My goal was to only talk to people who crossed my path.  I failed by 8:30 am.   Please, let me explain.

At 8am we ran into Mary at Starbucks.  Mary is the happy girl I blogged about last week.  I told her I would help her with a school project, which required me to email a few friends for some book suggestions and then email her at the end of the night.  I felt like a cheat but at the same time, the point of me going on a facebook/gmail/phone hiatus was to get out of my house and know my neighbors a little more. I feel like that's what I did.  I left my house and ran into someone I met last week.  I offered to help her and used gmail.  Who cares?!!


The rest of the day I remained unplugged.  It was wonderful!

My bagel had a heart in it!  Look carefully :)
By 9am I was at Diesel Cafe in Davis Square writing a children's story that had been swimming around in my mind.  At 10:15 I walked to over to church.  I left the service early to feed Anders.  Luke and I had a friend over for brunch.  After she left, I took Anders to a park and we ended our afternoon together at a flea market in Davis.  Later that night when my boy was sleeping and my other boy was hard at work on his thesis, I made a chocolate cake from scratch...for the first time. 
Rooibos Tea
It was a good day.
A very, very, very, good day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment